Protimeter’s ReachMaster Pro Moisture Meter is the only moisture meter on the market with an extendable handle. Featuring a handle that extends up to 48” (112 cm), the device makes accessing hard-to-reach spots, such as high ceilings or cramped crawlspaces, easier and safer. In most circumstances no ladder or scaffolding is needed.
The Protimeter ReachMaster Pro takes moisture readings from surfaces up to a nominal depth of 5” (12.5cm). The Extendable Handle improves safety and functionality. It’s suitable for many of the same applications as conventional moisture meters.
The Protimeter ReachMaster Pro is a versatile device. The device quickly takes moisture readings on a variety of non-conductive materials, such as: drywall, concrete, and fiberglass boat hulls.
MoistureMeterExpert’s own highlights on Protimeter Reachmaster Pro moisture meter from user voice, surveys, reviews and our own findings:
- The Protimeter moisture meter is a non-invasive moisture meter with a premium look and feel.
- It has a telescopic handle, extendable by 80mm increments, with a yellow rocker switch.
- The sensor unit is set on a hinge, allowing for a good range of movement, and requires 2x AA batteries.
- The display unit takes 4x AA batteries and is set on hinges so that it can be faced towards the user when taking readings.
- The micro USB ports on the side of the display unit and sensor unit allow for firmware upgrades to be installed.
- When doing damp surveys, start with the pinless function (or search mode) before moving on to the pinned function.
- Search mode is a great way to quickly figure out the relative moisture content of solid walls and floors.
- The Protimeter Reachmater Pro can measure beneath the surface to a depth of up to 19mm. This mode is perfect for searching behind wall and floor coverings such as ceramic tiles, wall papers, laminate flooring, plasterboard, masonry and so on.
- Surface moisture (e.g. condensation) has very little effect to the measurement taken by Protimeter Reachmaster Pro.
- Quick readout of the measurement results.
- Graphic display
- Non-invasive moisture measurement: no pins or probes in the wall or wood
- Wireless communication between sensor head and display
- Telescopic adjustable between 69 and 114cm
- Measure up to 12cm deep (depending on the material)
- Measuring range: 60 to 999 relative
- Acoustic alarm.
- Auto power off
- Adjustable sensitivity to detect moisture source
- Conditions of use: temperature between 0-50°C and 0-35%Rh
- Operating time: up to 80 hours with full AA batteries
- Upgradeable Firmware
- Menu in different languages
Detailed list of non-conductive materials where Protimeter ReachMaster Pro can be used:
- Gypsum board
- Ceramic tile
And Protimeter ReachMaster Pro is suitable for many of the same applications as conventional moisture meters, such as:
- Flood damage restoration
- Flooring inspection
- Home inspection
- Home restoration
- EIFS inspection
- Rubber roof leak detection
- Fiberglass boat hull inspection